Leland A Bartlett
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 20 years experience developing, delivering, and marketing training solutions to over 300 multinational firms across multiple industries using current adult training methodologies; such as ADDIE and ExecuTrain.
Combines excellent technical, project management and leadership skills enabling the formation of seamless project teams comprised of SAP and customer staff. A valued asset of both the customer and SAP. Adept at multitasking in engagements requiring the simultaneous performance of several different roles.
Senior SAP Technical Consultant and Trainer specializing in the implementation and course development and maintenance of SAP Enterprise Portal and TREX. A veteran of SAP products such as: SAP NetWeaver Portal, ERP, CRM, FICO, APO, Ops Management and Business Objects.
Mastery of popular business software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Project, Access Database, Snagit, Camtasia Studio, FrameMaker, Captivate, PhotShop and Adobe Professional
Delivered training solutions via multiple platforms such as Webinars, e-learning, Web Based, Video Podcast, I-L-T and conference calls.
Proactive team builder and top performer in time-sensitive situations; strong ability to identify requirements, acquire business processes and convert resources into working solutions
Technically competent in designing and recommending architectural approaches depending upon customer’s specific environmental variables and goals (including cost constraints, scalability, user SLA expectations, content and component systems, etc.). .
Rip-Roar Get High on Life Training, Azle, TX
Public Speaker – Educator ■ October 2008 – Present
Built a tremendous network to market the message Rip-Roar – Get High on Life through actively being involved in organization such as Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, Southlake Focus Groups and other associated groups in the regional area. Interviewed the organization leaders to learn the specific needs or requests by the group and customized presentation to deliver appropriate message.
SAP America Inc, Palo Alto CA, Irving, TX
Certified Senior NetWeaver Consultant ■ March. 2004 – November. 2008
Responsible to ensure the customer had a successful implementation of the SAP NetWeaver Product Suite. Which included the Portal, SRM, CRM, CSS, ESS, APO, ERP, PLM. Roles included Project Manager, Project Lead, Team Lead, Lead Consultant, Trainer, Train the Trainer, Technical Expert, Solution Expert. Trained customer’s at their request on the functionality and usability of the SAP NetWeaver Suite.
- Completed three life cycles with SAP NetWeaver Product Suite.
- Created first JAVA e-learning class for peers, partners and clients.
- Create and published How-to-Guide of How to implement SAP Knowledge Management System
Project Manager: Managed a team of 30 and build a Portal Concept which resulted in multimillion dollar license fee for SAP. Created a step-by-step guide for 30 roles in the portal for the client to use and experience the portal directly.
- Developed customized training guide for primary stake holders.
- Trained Subject Matter Experts on functionality of SAP NetWeaver Suite (HR, Finance, CRM)
- Developed customized training guide for primary stake holders.
- Worked with over 100 clients world-wide training, implementing and using SAP NetWeaver Suite.
- Developed training guide and educated client NetWeaver group on the methods and requirements of Information Governance and how it applied to the NetWeaver Product Group.which reduced need to build roles by 80% and a reduction in security requirements by over 50%.
SAP America Inc, Palo Alto CA
Senior NetWeaver Specialist ■ July. 2002 – Oct. March 2004
Chosen for our in-depth knowledge of the SAP NetWeaver Suite, to support field consultants in the following but not limited methods. Directly: being able to directly answer the consultants’ questions via phone, email or other direct communication methodology. Directing pointing the consultant to where the information can be obtained, other consultant, location of white paper, how-to-guide, third party answer. Developing: Created solution documents for consultant, which could be used by the on-site consultant and easily distributed to clients. Training: Develop training curriculum and delivered training based on on-site consultants and clients requirements. Training was usually delivered via Webinar, ILT or e-learning. Consulting: went directly to clients site to work in tandem with on-site consultant.
- Managed, created and delivered first JAVA e-learning class for peers, partners and clients.
- Create and published How-to-Guid of How to implement SAP Knowledge Management System
- Project Manager: Managed a team of 30 and build a Portal Concept which resulted in multimillion dollar license fee for SAP. Created a step-by-step guide for 30 roles in the portal for the client to use and experience the portal directly.
- Worked with over 100 clients world-wide training, implementing and training on the SAP NetWeaver Product Group
TopTier/SAP Portals, Palo Alto, CA
Certified SAP Portal Trainer ■ April. 2001 – July 2002
Responsibilities were to train current SAP consultants and trainers in the installation, usability and functionality of the SAP NetWeaver Product. And designing, developing, delivering and maintaining course curriculums.
- Elected by SAP training staff as the primary trainer for the Train the Trainer program.
- Developed and delivered the SAP Training the Trainer certification course.
- Trained and Certified over 300 SAP consultants, clients and Partners on the SAP NetWeaver Suite.
TopTier Software, San Jose, CA
Certified TopTier Trainer/Developer ■ April 2000 – April 2001
Developed training material for this new product, which would become the face of SAP’s product groups. Trained IT managers, Project Managers, CIO’s on the installation, configuration and functionality of our Portal Product and Unifier. Utilized I-L-T, CBT, and Web Based delivery methods. Additionally developed delivered the certification training/process to peers and partners. Evaluated performance which marked their competency of the product.
- Author of TopTier’s consultant certification training.
- Author of TopTier’s training curriculum delivered to our peers, clients, and partners.
- Established self as primary trainer of our Knowledge Management Software.
New Horizons and ExecuTrain, San Francisco, CA
Microsoft Trainer ■ Sept
1996- April 2000
Instructor of more than 200 Microsoft Courses consisting of multiple versions and ranging from introductory to Expert. This included Project, Visio, Access and VBA for application.
Certified ExecuTrain Instructor:
ExecuTrain instructors must successfully complete a comprehensive certification program, demonstrating mastery of ExecuTrain educational methods, presentation skills, and an ability to “connect” with students. Certification Program has become a model within the adult education industry.
Dale Carnegie Training, Oakland Ca
Training Associate ■ September 1994 – September 1996
Developed training plans for over 300 local regional and national companies.
Worked with all levels of management.
Developed customized training programs through needs analysis workshops.
Evaluated training programs and provided feedback to clients.
California State University Chico, Chico, CA
B.S. in Business Administration – Marketing 1987
BS in Production Operations Management – 1992
Emphasis in Math and Computer Science
President of APICS – Student Chapter
Author of Chapter’s Mission Statement
Overall GPA 3.0
& Quality Center, Grapevine, TX – 2004
Knowledge Management & Tactics for Business Results
Measuring the Impact of Knowledge Management
Dale Carnegie Training – Instructor Assistant, Oakland CA 2000
Dale Carnegie Course: Effective Communications & Human Relations/Skills For Success
Leadership Training for Managers
Public Speaking Mastery
How to Communicate with Diplomacy and Tact